kleef&co is a strategy and growth management advisory firm specialising in sustainable business. Our team’s expertise spans industry, venture capital, corporate finance, M&A, business strategy, growth and operational management, brand & marketing, business development, human capital and legal advisory.
Our strategy consulting team advises founders and company owners as well as boards of directors and senior management on how to turn the challenges of sustainability to commercial and competitive advantage.
We have a young and motivated international team with a network in all corners of the world, be it Europe, North America or Asia. Our fresh approach combined with our multitude of backgrounds, educations and professional experiences are perfectly positioned to make a positive impact on your business whatever your challenge relating to Asia is. We look forward to hearing from you.
- German national and Hong Kong Permanent Resident (PR)
- 8+ years in Asia (Beijing & Hong Kong)
- 3+ years in Frankfurt, Germany
- 4+ years in London, United Kingdom
- 1+ year in Gent, Belgium
- Elected chairman Forest House International Waldorf School Initiative, Charity
- Former Business Unit Head of Professional Services Greater China and Asia Pacific under CY Leung (梁振英測量師行), Hong Kong’s Chief Executive
- Co-founded EcoPoint, ‘Top 10 Startups 2012’ by Hong Kong Business Magazine
- MSc Physics – Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena and University Cologne
- Honorary work for the German Physical Society (DPG)
Director, Interpreter, Networking Expert, Cultural Ambassador with over 15 years experience in Germany and China
- Master in Economics and China Studies (Humboldt University and Free University of Berlin)
- Market Strategy Development for German SMEs.
- Alliance forging and project development for Chinese and German companies
- Business promotion for Chinese development zones and private businesses
- Vocational Training projects in China
- Translation and interpretation between German, English and Chinese
- Experience in negotiations with international clients in German, English and Chinese
Experienced senior executive (40 years management experience in Germany and China)
- Technology development and know-how transfer
- Growth by internationalization especially Asia, China
- Business development, transformation and intercultural communications
- 12 years President (Chairman and CEO) Atotech
- 6 years VP Electronics-Chemistry Atotech
- 6 years responsible for equipment Atotech
- 10 years Project Manager Linde AG, 4 years + in Canada
- Atotech from 689Mio USD to 1102Mio USD over 11 years (starting 2005)
4,4% each year
- GMF Chemistry (automotive) over 11 years (starting 2005)
Worldwide 4,1% each year
Asia 8,1% each year
China 9,5% each year
- Electronic Chemistry over 18 years (starting 1999)
Worldwide 6,6% each year
Asia 11,5% each year
China 16% each year
- Equipment over 6 years (starting 1993), new technology
Worldwide 99,3% each year
- Mechanical Engineering FH Würzburg-Schweinfurt
Experienced senior executive (20+ years management experience in Germany and China)
- International Project Engineer at Enco Energie Consulting GmbH
- Head of Sales in Germany, Austria and Switzerland at the Spanish MCC-Group
- Global Key Account Manager at Viessmann for industrial boilers plants
- Senior Origination and Sales Manager (Multisite / Multinational Business) at EON
- Head of Business Development at Borsig
- Mechanical Engineering Degree from the University of Kassel
Project Manager, Business Founder and Networking Expert with profound cross-cultural awareness (and the ambition to make a difference in a complex world).
- Project management experience in eight different countries with large businesses, NGOs
and international organisations
- Extensive experience in China and SEA (Myanmar, Cambodia) in business and international
- Master in Politics and International Relations (University of Bath and Humboldt-Universität
zu Berlin), Bachelor in Business and Economics (IPAG Business School Nice and Nottingham
- Moderator and workshop facilitator
- Passionate about creating sustainable change and facilitating innovation and
internationalisation for organisations, businesses and institutions
- Innate curiosity, keen eye for trends and future developments and always on the search for
- German Youth Delegate to the G7
- English, German, French, Spanish and Chinese language skills
- Founder of GrowbeYOUnd
Experienced professional with working experiences in Myanmar, Indonesia, US and UK.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with startup-ecosystems and innovation management in Myanmar and Germany.
- Policy advisor on issues such as freedom of expression, access to information and rule of law
- Business Development Manager for Phandeeyar Innovation Lab in Myanmar – Phandeeyar (“creation place”) is an innovation lab that is spearheading the development of Myanmar’s tech ecosystem. Phandeeyar invests in local technology startups, trains new entrepreneurs and builds the pool of tech talent. Phandeeyar also helps civic and social entrepreneurs, CSOs and independent media use technology to increase their impact and runs a co-working space located in the heart of downtown Yangon
- Carlo Schmid Fellow and Consultant for the UN in Indonesia and Myanmar
- MSc in Philosophy and Public Policy (London School of Economics), BA in Humanities, Political Science (Leuphana University Lueneburg and Universitat Autonoma Barcelona)
- Languages include German, English, Spanish, Bahasa Indonesia, Burmese
- Voluntary work as Violoncello Coach
Representative for kleef&CO Limited in South East Asia.
- BKAMARUL is a long standing Senior Partner in Arra Advisory and Solutions responsible for International Business and Strategic partnerships and alliances. He has more than sixteen years experience as an entrepreneurr covering South East Asia, Hong Kong, China, Russia and Central Asia.
- He started his career with Sapura Telecommunications Berhad in an IT role and in 2004, he joined four other entrepreneurs in a start-up company selling air-time advertising on behalf of a local radio station which amongst other achievements lead to winnning a contracts from a radio station for Malaysia Airports Holdings Berhad launching FlyFM. The group successfully sold its interest in FlyFM to Media Prima Berhad, a major media conglomerate in Malaysia.
- Subsequently, Kamarul became a Director of Perambang Holdings in Kuala Lumpur and its subsidiary Arah Selera HK Limited in Hong Kong. The group has business interests in multiple industries including import/export, food and beverage, business consultancy and experiential marketing.
- He then joined Amanah Capital Group Limited as Vice President – International Business where he is amongst other projects involved in the Kazan Smart City project as well as in Sochi and Ufa in the Russian Federation besides engagements in Central Asia.
- Due to his strong IT background, Kamarul is also closely involved in Asia’s startup scene and follows the blockchain indsutry very closely.
Senior Consultant (external) with international experience in corporate finance and M&A
- German national
- 4 years in Switzerland
- 1+ in China
- Current position as the Head of the International/China unit of Portus Corporate Finance GmbH in Berlin, mainly dealing with financial due diligence and project consultancy for Chinese and European clients
- Former Relationship Manager at Bank of China, Berlin Branch
- Former Program Manager of a governmental program between Switzerland and China at the University of St. Gallen
- Diploma in Business Administration and Chinese of the University of Applied Sciences Konstanz, M.A. in Chinese Studies of the Free University of Berlin
Project Manager, Business Negotiation Interpreter
- 7yrs+ in Mainland China
- Head of AHK in Chengdu Western China
- Fact finding and Consultation for Chinese industry parks and firms
- Strategy Advisor for German SMEs
- Delegation Coordinator for Chinese and German Government entities and firms
- Cross-cultural negotiation and networking expert
- Event manager and moderator
- Translator and Interpreter for German, English and Chinese
- Project Manager of translating Rudolf Steiner’s books into Chinese (honorary project work)
- Sinology M.A. and MBA from Tübingen and St. Louis University
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with extensive operational expertise
- Hong Kong National
- Cantonese, Mandarin and English language skills
- Highly experienced in supporting companies of all sizes ranging from multinational corporations to small SME firms with local, Chinese or international origins
- Outstanding team and organisational skills
- Project management
- Certified Public Accountant CPA
- B.A. Business Administration
Experienced consultant with project experience over three continents
- Worked in Germany and Hong Kong; project experience comprises China, Russia, India and USA
- Former Senior Consultant at a leading German Management Consulting firm
- Assessed and screened US market for takeover candidates incl. pre-due diligence for a German automotive supplier
- Conducted market attractiveness and a product-market fit analysis for an innovative product for China and India for a formerly M-Dax listed German manufacturer
- MSc International Business Administration – Chinese University of Hong Kong
Why choose us
We know what it takes to deliver on the ground, and our clients and partners can be sure we have the proven experience and credentials to make it happen wherever our clients are located in Asia or if they want to come here from overseas.
Mediocre people usually deliver mediocre results. Don’t compromise on the talent you commit, and engage experienced experts to guide and mentor your team. Let kleef&co help your business!